Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Attention! Pay attention!

Yesterday:
So last night's Bible study went very well, even without a real plan. It's nice to have such a close-knit group where people open up.

Today:
Man, 6:45 came mighty early today. Actually, I was fine until I got to Sexuality and I had real trouble staying awake. But it was definitely worth it for free IHOP pancakes though. What is it about them that makes them so great? They're pretty much perfect every time you order them.

My Music Appreciation test went pretty well. There were a few questions here or there I was uncertain about, but I can't tell you the last time I got 100% on a quiz or test. And man, I really wish Rite of Spring was playing somewhere. That Stravinsky's a BAMF. Unfortunately, though, I'll have to settle for seeing Strauss tomorrow for my required concert. Ugh. Someone text me to remind me I have to go to the ATM.

So I went to the Health Center today at my mother's behest to get another flu shot since flu season is still in full swing, but they weren't giving them out anymore. And the weirdest thing happened: I got all indignant (not extremely rude or anything) at the nurse, even though I didn't think I needed another shot in the first place. Mother's influence or latent anger over something else? Maybe a little of both...

Yeah, it turns out the Board of Regents has decided to raise our tuition. Oh great. Just what we need. Hey, Board, just because something's easy doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. And the editorial in the Daily was exactly right: You guys barely publicized your meeting about this. You send us multiple alerts when there's a grassfire or a highway closing, but how about some forewarning about getting priced out of our own school. And the paper alleges that our President Dr. Bataille got both a raise and bonus last year, while we're in the midst of a salary freeze for faculty, which makes things even more suspicious. All I gotta say is, if we're bending over for you, you guys better give us some better parking because of this.

And speaking of the newspaper, some boring grad student's ranting about how McCain and/or Huckabee are/is the only hope for America was pretty ridiculous. True, Hillary and Ron Paul are terrible choices for the reasons he listed, but when it came to Obama, he couldn't really come up with anything, other than being Kennedy-esque, and then talking about how many problems Kennedy had. And also that he's not a "centrist," which I guess makes all his supporters superliberals. Geez.

Oh, great. Quia's due tonight. Ick. I hate that online workbook with the fire of 10,000 suns.

Finally, it appears I may have been wrong before...
I initially dissed the Foo Fighters' Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, and My Chemical Romance's Black Parade, but upon multiple listens in Bryan's Isuzu, they're actually pretty darn good. I'd upgrade the Foos to 3.5 out of 5 stars, and MCR to 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Man, just listen to that intro...


That's all for now.

Good night, and good luck.

1 comment:

Alex(andra) Cavnar said...

They better give you better parking!! I'll have to lay the smack down!!!!!!!! But don't worry I don't think you'll get the flu, but I wish I had seen you get all crunk with that nurse!!!!

PS-how can you be sleepy during sexuality class?!?! Sounds like the one class I could stay awake for!!!