Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rough

Gotta admit it was a pretty rough day today.

I found out that I owe $200 by March 9 for a deposit on my Africa mission trip, and if I don't get enough donations by then and I'll have to pay for it myself, which puts my Spring Break trip to Austin in serious jeopardy. And of course, me getting upset about did nothing to solve the problem. Only trusting in God (which is what I should've done from the beginning) will get me through this.

(Marie also helped. A lot.)

Speaking of the love of my life, it's looking less and less likely that she will be able to accompany me to my cousin's wedding this weekend. This is the first time I've realized how much it really sucks to not have a vehicle. I really want her to be there this weekend and I miss her so much. And if I don't see her this weekend, it might be quite awhile before I get to see her. And if I can't go to Austin, it'd be even longer. Thus, you see my cause for getting upset.

But I'm much better now. I just can't figure it out on my own, so I have to let Someone who can do it for me. I give up, and it's the best thing I could've done.

Anyways, my gerontology exam went pretty well today, but it was a little harder than I expected. We watched Harry and Tonto, which reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine, only not quite as clever. But that Art Carney sure deserved his Oscar.

I also had to go to a concert night for Music Appreciation. It was pretty good, but I feel very uncultured because classical still isn't my "thing."

Anyways, I just watched The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, both with writers back and still as funny as ever.

So I'll be headed to bed soon, because I've got a huge test in Sexuality tomorrow and I don't really know what to study because there's just so much. I hope I do well.

That's all for now.

Good night, and good luck.

2 comments:

Marie said...

aww i miss you so much too babe! i'm so glad i could help you to feel better! you know i'll do anything for you! and i would totally walk to dallas this weekend, but it would take me like 2 weeks to get there at that rate! lol. but anyways, happy valentines day again! i love you so much!!!

Alex(andra) Cavnar said...

Awwwww Kip!!!!! I'm sorry you and Marie can't be together this weekend, but I mean there are still two days and something might pop up, like a magical school bus that could fly on a cloud to denton!!! I'll invent that for you!!!!!! Just trust in the lord and he'll guide you, and hey if it's not meant to be the weekend it's just not meant to be!!!! Besides it will just make the next time you see her that much more special!!!!
Good luck on your test too, I have one Friday which I should have been studying for tonight!!!! oopsy!