Friday, February 15, 2008

Not quite the same

And so, for the second time ever, I've had a meaningful Valentine's Day. And yet, it doesn't quite feel like it should, because she's not by my side. I don't love her any less; on the contrary, I love her more and more. I just wish she could've been here for this day that's so important to so many others, and is finally important to us.

Anyways, my sexuality test was much harder than I predicted, but just like my gerontology exam, I think I did well enough.

About an hour after I got back from work, I was looking in my pocket for my keys, and I found another set: the keys to one of the cars at work. Whoops! So I gotta go back first thing in the morning and turn 'em in. I can't believe I still had 'em!

Saw Y Tu Mamá También tonight at the Union, along with, oh, a dozen other people, and I must I'm impressed. Alfonso Cuarón can do absolutely any genre: this (an erotic dramedy), a children's movie (A Little Princess), bleak future sci-fi (Children of Men), ballsy literary adaptation (Great Expectations), and Harry Potter (The Prisoner of Azkaban). I can't wait to see what he does next.

Did you hear Jane Fonda said the c-word on The Today Show? Yikes!

Last item: Gotta love John Hodgman's "The 5 Habits of Highly Explosive People" on The Daily Show...
1. Make your resume a resu-ME!
2. Make the interview an interv-YOU!
3. Always dress for the job you want.
4. Be creative.*
5. Accept rejection.
It used to be all you needed was a hatred for America and your own car...

*I don't think this is the right #4, but I'll post the link to the video later.

That's all for now.

Good night, and good luck.

2 comments:

Alex(andra) Cavnar said...

wait where do you work?!?!?!

I totally saw the youtube video of jane fonda saying c&#! and I thought it was funny. That bitch is old and crazy

Anyways hope you have a good day skipper!

Alex(andra) Cavnar said...

It's okay Kip, you will be at my party in spirit!